Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Climbing the tree

Image hosting by Photobucket

I've been doing quite a bit of genealogy research over the past few days. I had done some back in 2004 with the help of a cousin, but I found a lot of stuff over the past 3 days or so.

You can see what I have so far here:
http://www.gencircles.com/users/cjr71244/1/pedigree/7

I only have my mom's parents listed and her moms branch listed because that is the part I'm researching right now, I have the information for the other main branches I just haven't combined it all yet. I will once I've found all I can done with this main branch.

I've always known that I had roots from both sides of my family in france and the french side of switzerland but now I know I have a lot of english roots on my moms side, assuming my research is correct.

Image hosting by Photobucket
One thing I read about is my ancestor came with William the Conqueror from France to England:

"The Richmond family begins with Roaldus Musard de Richmond who accompanied Wm the Conqueror from France to England in 1066. There followed fifteen generations of the Richmond's family who live in Wiltshire, England.

Roaldus Musard de Richmond- Born between 980 and 1075. Believed to have died between 1016 and 1148. Roaldus Musard de Richmond was one of the most powerful leaders who accompanied Wm the Conqueror into England(Thackeray's Genealogy, Plantagent-Harrison gives Fulco de Richmond as thegrandfather, and Robert as the father of Roaldus "Le Ennase")."


The Gencircles site has helped me Immensely I wouldn't have found most of this info without it, the exporting of gedcom files is what helps the most and the search method.

If anyone else is interested in doing this type of research on their own tree, I suggest you gather any information you have about your parents grandparents etc, including birthdates, marriage dates, locations etc. and then start looking around the gencircles site, then once you start to have more information then you can handle on a sheet of paper, get a program like GenPro and input the data.

Also here is a interesting link about how many great grandparents we all have http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/we.are.all.cousins.htm

5 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Hello 'Cousin',
My Mother is a Richmond and evidently we come from the same tree!! Have done a good bit of tracing myself,, back to Fulco Richmond and sons/grandsons. Would love to know if you have taken this any further. I am picking it back up again after a long rest.
Our Richmonds come through Thomas Richmond,,they ended up in West Virginia,,settled in a place near my mothers hometown called Richmond Falls at one time,, is now Sandstone near Hinton.
Too cool, great to know another 'cousin' blogs...
Scott

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Tspinz said...

How very fun to follow an ancestrial line of mine to Fulco De Richmond. I googled it and found your two's blog speaking of Thomas's in West Virginia. Nice to meet you I too have Thomas's in West Virginia.

 
At Friday, February 01, 2008 2:09:00 PM, Anonymous vmusard said...

ciao cugino
sono italiano e ritengo di discendere dal un ramo del cavaliere di ventura Richard Musard (il cavaliere nero) che dall'inghilterra giunse in italia intorno al 1300 e prese parte alle varie guerre del momento, compreso quella di gallipoli (turchia) nella seconda metà del 1300, al seguito del re Amedeo III di Savoia.
Fu uno dei primi nominati Cavalieri dell'ordine del Collare (subentrato anche negli ospitalieri), poi ordine della SS Annunziata.
Vorrei saperne di più.
Sono un Ufficiale dell'AIR FORCE IT. ed esperto di armi.
ora vivo alle canarie (spagna)
tel +34922387154
a presto ENZO MUSARDO

 
At Friday, February 01, 2008 2:11:00 PM, Anonymous vmusard said...

ciao cugino
sono italiano e ritengo di discendere dal un ramo del cavaliere di ventura Richard Musard (il cavaliere nero) che dall'inghilterra giunse in italia intorno al 1300 e prese parte alle varie guerre del momento, compreso quella di gallipoli (turchia) nella seconda metà del 1300, al seguito del re Amedeo III di Savoia.
Fu uno dei primi nominati Cavalieri dell'ordine del Collare (subentrato anche negli ospitalieri), poi ordine della SS Annunziata.
Vorrei saperne di più.
Sono un Ufficiale dell'AIR FORCE IT. ed esperto di armi.
ora vivo alle canarie (spagna)
tel +34922387154
a presto ENZO MUSARDO
vmusard@tin.it

 
At Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cousin, have you heard of the richmond family genealogy book written by joshua baily richmond of the new england genealogy society in 1897? i have it! very interesting. best regards, chris
burdog309@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home