Wednesday, February 01, 2006

La Pentola (The cooking pot)

Last weekend I was in St. Augustine and I had a wonderful dinner at La Pentola, the food was outstanding.

With the bread there were these really yummy black olives, much more tasty than any olives i had ever had, I normally don't like olives.

To start off I had the BAKED BRIE IN CROUTE ~ Imported brie cheese, with honey mustard and pine nuts wrapped in puff pastry. Baked and served with fresh fruit and crostini.

The honey mustard give it an amazing flavor as did the pine nuts.

For my main course I had LOBSTER RAVIOLI ~ Jumbo lobster ravioli in a vodka cream tomato sauce with fresh basil, roasted peppers and asparagus.

It was stupendous.

I'd highly reccomend this place, it had a great atmosphere out in the courtyard, the inside also looked quite nice and cozy.

It seemed that both of the girls serving us were eastern european, as was a girl at another place I went to down the street, why eastern europeans in St. Augustine?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home